I have moved over to a new website:
My Saturday so far is not going very well. Allow me to explain why in a neat chronological list:
- I wake up and discover that my dog had about four tiny fleas on her. I immediately deduced that she got this little plague from the groomer’s since the owner likes to let her dogs (as well as other clients’ dogs) run wild all over the business to do whatever they want. Now that I think about it, I guess I should be thankful it’s not something worse.
- Went to the pet store to buy dog shampoo only to find out that the entire store has been re-designed completely and nothing is where it used to be. I’m ashamed to admit it took me like 10 minutes to find a bottle of flea shampoo in the dog section.
- I needed some lab tests done so I hurry on over to the nearest lab and find out that they close at noon. It was 11:56 am. I have perfect timing.
- Decide to stop by Blockbuster (yes, they’re still around) to exchange the little DVD sleeve that we got in the mail for something else since I’m already in the city.
- Get to Blockbuster, check my purse, and wouldn’t you know, I don’t have the DVD sleeve because of course I don’t.
- Ask myself if 12:25pm is too early to begin drinking.
- Gave my dog a bath. This is one of my least favorite things to do because my dog hates baths more than anything else and she loves letting me know it.
- I dry my dog as best as I can and attempt to comb her wet hair.
- It does not work.
- I give up forever.
I missed my entry yesterday :( But I have a good reason!
I’ve been working on my new website, setting everything up and trying out different CMS’s. After much deliberation and plenty of trial and error, I finally settled on using WordPress. I tried Habari, Chyrp, Jojo CMS, Frog CMS, Flatpress, and Simple Stripe and neither of them gave me what I needed. Habari and Chyrp were very very close, but I needed a little more than what they offered.
So I went back to WordPress. I found a bare bones theme to work with and I spent all of yesterday cleaning up the extras on the code and re-structuring the layout so that I could build something on it to my liking. It was a lot of searching, deleting, and moving to get rid of everything I didn’t want. WordPress has this habit of complicating the simplest shit for some reason. Trust me when I say that I’ll be making copies of this new bare bones template and using it in future designs so I don’t have to go through this again.
Designing a layout will probably take me a little longer than I originally thought because I’m so rusty when it comes to all that. I want the layout to have little details and things to make it stand out so I’ll be taking my time. In the meantime I imported all of my old entries, comments, pages, tags, etc. over there so everything is up and running for the most part. I’ll probably purchase a redirect from WordPress.com so that all my lovely visitors won’t have to do much of anything. Hopefully I’ll be unveiling everything very soon!
(WARNING: Image heavy!)
I’m a huge movie buff. I go to the movie theaters at least once a week, my Mom and I are subscribed to Blockbuster in the mail, and I also use Redbox sometimes. I just love movies.
Last year wasn’t so great in terms of good movies in my opinion. But this year looks pretty damn sweet. Below are a bunch of movies I’m excited to see:
Hello, everyone. I’d like to introduce you to my newest obsession:
It’s my new Nook Simple Touch and it has stolen my heart. It’s fast! It’s light! It has a two month battery life! It’s. touch. screen!!!
It’s beautiful. And most importantly, it charges correctly. Rest in peace, my first edition Nook. You were good to me. Until you weren’t.
She has an almost neon pink cover because she knows neons are in this spring season. And she’s all about style. And good taste. She’s also super thin and small (although the screen is the exact same size as the one in the first edition Nook) which is handy.
Right now I have only half of my to-read ebooks in the library but I’m going to have to get the rest uploaded quick because I already finished The Thief today and right now I’m blowing past The Scorch Trials so I’m going to need new material. Next up on my to-read list is The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. If you have any recommendations leave them in the comments!
Also if you have a Goodreads account, add me!
(P.S.: I have a new page up, a Blog Topics Idea List. Check it out.)
Today I’m baby-sitting my nephew, setting up my new Nook Simple Touch, and writing a paper on Rene Descartes for my College Math class.
The paper has to be 600 words, which isn’t much, and I have to focus on Descartes’ contribution to math. I did some research and the major contribution I can think of is that he came up with subscripts for exponents and using letters to describe values (x, y, z for example). He’s best known for his philosophical contributions, aka “I think, therefore I am.” Very deep.
This is the first time I have to write a paper for math and I am not amused. Thankfully I already did an outline of the paper at work so all I have to do is pretty much BS my way through a few paragraphs and call it a day. That’ll leave me plenty of time to do some reading and watch Midnight in Paris.
I’ve had a Pinterest account for about two months now and I’m a little obsessed. I got the Pinterest app on my phone and immediately realized it was a horrible idea. Now all I do is browse random images and ignore the telephone at work.
Kidding! I only do that sometimes.
Below are a few of my favorite images that I’ve found on Pinterest so far.
I love these types of posts (shocker, I know). If you have a Pinterest account, leave it in the comments so that I can follow you!